How to Factory Reset Xiaomi is indeed quite easy to do. However, for those of you who are new to smartphone issues, this might be difficult to do. For this reason, here we will tell you how to solve this with complete guide.
As we know, Xiaomi is one of the leading technology companies that successfully hit Indonesian market with its reliable and affordable smartphones since 2010 back then.
The main reason why Xiaomi become one of the successfull brand in Indonesia is because the specifications offers by this brand is able to overcome the competitors who sells more expensive rather than Xiaomi.
However, every electronics things will reach their maximum lifetime. This is a common things that happens in every brand include Xiaomi itself. You maybe experience decreasing performance due to many apps you installed or even bootlop.
In order to restore the performance of the phone like the first time you bought it. The restart process is necessary.
2 Ways How To Factory Reset Xiaomi Phone (Complete Guide)
If you want to reset your phone to factory settings. There are some important things you have to do, this can be called as a preparation steps before you follow How To Factory Reset Xiaomi phone.
Since the factory reset will erase all of your data, make sure you already done this things.
- Backup your data before you proceed to the reset process. As we know, that this process will bring back the space and performance like the first time you bought the phone in exchange of your data.
- Recharge your phone until at least 70% of your battery capacity. This steps also should be done in order to prevent your restart process fail in the middle of the process.
After all of the preparations step is followed. Now is the time for you to follow the guide. Make sure you pay detail attention so that there are no mistake.
Basically, there are 2 ways how to reset factory Xiaomi phone you can follow. This 2 ways can be done easily.
How To Factory Reset Through Setting
For the first method of resetting your Xiaomi is through setting which is very easy and simple method.
But keep in mind, before doing a factory reset, it’s a good idea to back up important data first because all data on your smartphone will be erased. If so, please do the following steps.
- You can go to the Setting menu of your Xiaomi phone.
- After, you can scroll down the menu until you find Additional Setting.
- Make sure to choose Backup and Reset option.
- Choose Factory Reset.
- After that, there will be option that pop out, you can choose Reset Phone.
- Wait until the process is finish in several minutes.
- If success, your Xiaomi will be reboot by itself and the performance will be back to its first time you bought it.
This method is the easiest way to do. But if your smartphone can’t enter the main menu due to the bootlop. You can following the next method.
The bootlop may happen because you install to much apps in your phone that makes the phone run slowly and take much memory.
How To Factory Reset through Hard Reset
Basically, you can do the second method of how to factory reset Xiaomi without going to the main menu first. The step is through recover mode.
But remember, before you do this make sure you already charge your phone until 70% of your battery capacity so that the process will not fail in the middle of the process.
Here are the steps :
- Turn off your smartphone first.
- After, You can enter the Recovery Menu by press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- Hold it until the logo of Xiaomi appears. After that you will enter the recovery menu.
- There will be language options appears on the screen. You can easily choose English.
- Next, you can choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset option.
- Choose Wipe All Data in order to erase all of the data.
- Confirm it by tapping on YES options.
- Now, the phone is doing the Hard Reset. You can wait until this process is over.
- If the process is already complete, you can restart your phone.
Done, now your Xiaomi smartphone performance will be like the first time you bought it.
End of the Line
So, that is 2 methods how to factory reset Xiaomi smartphone with easy ways. Hopefully, this guidance will be helpful for every user.